Graduate applicants with background and interest in wireless networks and embedded systems are encouraged to contact Prof. Subir Biswas directly. Preference will be given to Ph.D. applicants with M.S. degree, and to candidates with prior experience in network protocol design/modeling, pattern classification, signal processing, simulation (using QualNet/ns2/Matlab) and implementation using embedded kernels such as Linux, BrickOS and TinyOS.
Instructions for Prospective Graduate Students:
- Review the ongoing research description on this website.
- Read few papers that we have written in recent years
- Send an email with the following:
- Statement of research and why NeEWS lab is a good place for you
- Any publications you may have produced
- Any systems programming experience
- Knowledge of operating systems (e.g. TinyOS, VxWorks, etc.)
- Your GPA and GRE scores
- A list of the computer engineering and networking courses taken
- A detailed CV
You will be contacted if sufficient matches are found between your background and the lab's interest. Thank you.
© 2014 Subir Biswas, All rights reserved.